Life is beautiful. Cult cashmere label Banjo & Matilda is a contemporary brand that adds a bit of lifestyle edge to a luxury staple. This is where we gather our inspiration & our minds.
"Whatever you do or dream, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
We're starting a new section today - a monthly blog from the Founder and Creative Director of Banjo & Matilda, Belynda Macpherson.
She'll just post what she's loving on that day… a bit of snapshot of our Banjo world from the front row!
1. Our orange door - I'm loving that we decided to paint our store front door in Orange, I have an orange crush right now. I also love the number, my two lucky numbers - 7th was day I was born, 6 is my offiicial lucky number.
2. The White Stitching on my boots - I just love the contrast between the black suede and the white stitching … a unique twist on a classic.
3. Purple Hydrangeas: every florist i pass has the most divine hydrangeas in full bloom, their raw beauty takes my breath away. So gorgeous!
4. My favourite Italian Deli - our 'Alimentari' a few doors down from the store looks so festive at this time of year. The baristas speaking Italian and the traditional Panettone Xmas cake hanging in the cafe makes me think of my trips to Rome (and my Dad who is Italian and very handsome!)
5. Cashmere in Summer: I am loving that at the moment the weather is so cool that I can wear cashmere in December. I am totally loving my Sloppy JoJo in Heather Grey, and the silk Sunset Pants in Black … so comfortable all day today.
6. Maurice the Moose: I am loving this ceramic moose head I just spied in my local vintage store. How cute is he … I think maybe perfect for our store. Thinking of purchasing.
7. Pink Watermelon: I really love that at Christmas time watermelon is in season and sooooo juicy. Divine! My breakfast every day leading into summer.
8. Paddington: I love having our Banjo HQ in Paddington in Sydney. People do the most inspired things out the front of their stores and the people in our street are so creative. I love you William Street.
Wishing you all a happy Friday and a stress-free time leading up to Christmas! xx